About Participatory Culture in Chinese Transmedia fictions

Home Foros Línea 02. Artes y literatura en inclusión educativas About Participatory Culture in Chinese Transmedia fictions

Mostrando 2 respuestas a los debates
  • Autor
    Entradas
      YuwenZh
      Participante

Hello Han,

It was such a pleasant experience to read your presentation! I myself used to be a huge fan of Chinese online novel websites. I still remember those days when I was a keen reader, commenting with excitement on the chapters that my favourite author just released online. I especially liked that you integrated the approach of participatory culture into your research on Chinese transmedia fictions. Particularly, your presentation helped me tease out how characteristics of participatory culture are interpreted in transmedia texts.

My questions are about the context that you set your research in: 1) Your conclusions elucidated the development and relationship between participatory culture and transmedia fictions. I was wondering, as your research context, if your research happened to find any characteristics that Chinese transmedia fictions have? 2) I was wondering if you could talk about your methodology, or how you used these Chinese online websites in your research? For example, I’m interested in that if case study was used to investigate how participatory culture demonstrated itself in a Chinese transmedia fiction on one of these online websites?

Thank you!
      Yuwen

KevinHX
      Participante

Hello Yuwen
      I am glad you are interested in this topic.Regarding the characteristics of Chinese transmedia fictions, this is one of the important areas of my Ph.D research, so I did not discover it by accident, but summarized it by myself. Of course, my personal summary may not be absolutely correct.
      For these Chinese websites, they will definitely be used in research.I did collect some cases for analysis, because I am also a transmedia fiction author, and also know many authors, so when investigating the relationship between participatory culture and transmedia fictions, I not only designed the questionnaire, but also personally Some authors were interviewed.
      However, this research is still in progress. If you are interested, we can continue to contact via email. Thank you for your question!

Best wishes

Han Xu

YuwenZh
      Participante

Hello Han,

Thanks for your reply! I’m sorry if I didn’t express myself very well when talking about your findings on the characteristics of Chinese transmedia fictions. They are absolutely original, insightful for me and came from a detailed, strong analysis. What I would like to know more about was how you situated your research in Chinese context, and your answers were very illuminating and helpful to my questions. I appreciate your comprehensive approach to this research topic.

Again, thank you for the answers. I hope your research goes well and have fun in the process. Let’s keep in touch via email.

KevinHX
        Participante

Hello Yuwen
        It’s okay. Indeed, this research is still in its infancy. Thank you very much for your interest in this research! My email is in my PPT, but I don’t know what your email is. If you can, you can give me directly send email.

Best wishes

Mostrando 2 respuestas a los debates
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.